BD600 Update Procedures
Version 1.2 for the BD600 has been released as of 02 October 2006. You can tell
the version installed in your BD600 by observing
the powerup sequence. The version number will show as "V 1.0",
"V 1.1", or "V 1.2.:
If you are still using V1.0, we strongly recommend that you upgrade.
V1.0 is no longer supported. If your unit has version 1.1, you should only
upgrade if you need the features/bugfixes listed in the release notes, below.
Release Notes - BD600 Version 1.2
- Support for BD600E Extended Remote features
- ON state added to relay outputs to assist testing
- More options for Maximum Delay value around 10 seconds
- User Manual updated to Release 1.3 to support the above
- Remote "dump then rebuild" cancels rebuild if already
- If the dump amount is set to be the same as the maximum configured delay
value, the unit does not rebuild after a DUMP
- Remote "Go to Live" only zeroes the display, not the delay
- A "Station Break" operation may appear to hang the unit hangs if
delay is at zero.
- "Go to Full" does not work from zero delay
- Rebuild times above 9999 seconds are converted to minutes, but the M is
not always shown.
- RS232 'N' command does not wrap around after the maximum value as
described in manual.
- CONFIG switch cannot be remoted
- "CONFIG" is briefly displayed at startup
- DUMP and SNEEZE do not work as password keys
There are three ways you can upgrade your BD600:
- Download the update from this site
and send it to the BD600 using the RS232 serial line. This method is only
supported on IBM compatible PCs running Windows 95 or later.
- Download the update from this site, copy it to a Compact Flash memory
card, and use the card to update the BD600. This requires the use of a suitable Compact Flash card reader/writer,
usually connected to the PC by a USB cable
- Purchase an upgrade card
from Eventide. The Part Number is BUC-000.
OLD Information - Previous to Version 1.2.
There is a software update available for the BD600. This update was
released on 16 November 2005, and is recommended for installation on all BD600
Units with serial numbers below U-000062. This is update is software
version 1.1 and you can tell if it has been installed in your BD600 by observing
the powerup sequence. The version number will show as "V 1.0" or
This page created 16 Nov 2005
This page updated for Version 1.2 on 02 October 2006