Serial Update Procedure (PC ONLY)
- Go through the SETUP screens and write down the settings, as they will
need to be re-entered after the upgrade
- Using your browser, download the
version 1.2 update
application. If the browser doesn't automatically give you the
option to "save the file to disk" you may have to right click on
the link or hold the <shift> key while clicking on it. Some Browsers
allow an "Open" option, in which case the next step can be
skipped. (Here's the previous version 1.1.)
- "Run" bd600_oupdate.exe by finding and double clicking
on it in the "MY COMPUTER" window.
- Set up the COMM port under the COMMS SETUP. We recommend you use the
connect the PC to the BD600 with a suitable
- Click on the HELP button on the window that OUPDATE opens for transfer
instructions. We recommend the use of the default settings. Further
information and trouble-shooting tips may be found in our Technote
#207. In particular, do not use the computer for anything else
until the download is complete.
- Power on your BD600 while holding down the REBUILD key until the BD600
- Send the update file by clicking the SEND button in the Oupdate window.
- When the transfer is finished, Oupdate will say
"Transfer Complete". Power cycle the BD600.
- Confirm the the BD600 reboots with Version 1.2 software
- When the unit asks if you want to "clear setup," answer YES, and
reconfigure the unit.
Be sure to download the new manual from the BD600
This page created 16 November 2005
This page updated 02 October 2006