Orville, H8000 and H8000A to H8000FW Upgrade Program
Here's how to tell how much it will cost to upgrade your Orville or H8000(A) to an
H8000FW. First, make sure that your Orville has been upgraded to
software version 3.x. If it hasn't been, refer to the email that we sent
to all registered owners and perform the upgrade. If you haven't
registered your Orville, please do so that you may perform this step.
Next, power up the Orville and watch the screen. (No software change is
required for an H8000.)
- Type 1: Orville that indicates "DSP 5303, 5303" on the power up
sequence cost: $1995
- Type 2: Orville that indicates "DSP 2303, 2303" (or combinations
of 2303 and 5303) on the power up sequence (requires DSP upgrade) but has
the current motherboard (S/PDIF on the lower level) cost: $2495
- Type 3: Orville that has the earliest motherboard (S/PDIF on the upper
area on the rear of the unit) will require a new motherboard and power
supply upgrade. Cost: $2995
- Type 4: Orville/R to H8000FW Cost: $2995
- H8000 upgrade to H8000FW - $1295
- H8000A upgrade to H8000FW - $995
Here is what you get back* after the operation: A fully functional unit which has been upgraded to:
- An H8000FW. (Upgrades from Orville to H8000 or H8000A
are no longer available.)
- V5.1 or later software and hardware, which features an amped up clock speed, and
Monolithic Tandem™ operation which allows both DSP chips to combine to run
large algorithms including 5.1 algorithms supporting up to 96kHz sampling
- Over 80 5.1 reverb and effects preset-algorithms plus most of the presets
from Orville and more, over 1600 preset-algorithms in total
- New sorting functionality so you can get to the presets you want faster
- New stainless steel front panel featuring the new 8x9 LED array for
display of eight channels of input or output
- Bright blue high contrast graphics display
- In effect, a new unit capable of many new functions
- New Operator's Manual and Compact Flash card support for program storage
- 90 day parts and labor extended warranty from date of purchase of the
We also offer the following conversions. (Please note: In order to keep the cost
low, we a new front panel is not included.)
- H8000 to H8000A "crossgrade" $795
- H8000A to H8000 "crossgrade" $199
Limited time offer!
Administrative Details - please read carefully!
- You must obtain an RMA number from email@example.com and the unit must
be returned to Eventide with freight prepaid. So that we can provide an RMA,
we request that you fill out this
information and email it to us. In addition to emailing this
information to us, PLEASE PRINT OUT THE FORM or EMAIL and PHYSICALLY ATTACH
IT to the unit you are returning. This will allow us to identify the
unit when it comes in.
- Please allow 2-4 weeks in addition to two-way transit time for the upgrade
- Eventide will return the unit to you prepaid standard freight in the US. Eventide
will not be responsible for expedited freight charges. You are responsible for return International Freight
charges, and Customs charges, if any.
- Unit to be upgraded must be in working condition and have version 3.x
software. If the unit is not in working condition or has a previous
software version it will be subject to our normal flat $325 repair rate. If
the unit is not working please indicate what the problem is along with your
contact information (email and phone).
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted and terms are prepaid
and will be charged after the unit is remanufactured and tested.
- This offer is available only directly from Eventide, no other agency is
authorized to perform this upgrade
*All parts and assemblies removed in the upgrade are retained by Eventide.
Prices and terms for all offers subject to change without notice or obligation.
This page created 05 October 2004
This page updated 01 January 2006